Dr. Yanbang Li obtained his B. Sc. degree from Shandong University (P. R. China) in 2012, and Ph. D. degree from Peking University (P. R. China) in 2017. He has done a lot of research on C60 and C70 chemistry in the Gan group at Peking University, before he joined the Zhang group at Rutgers University. His research interests includes multi-functionalization of endohedral metallofullerenes (EMFs), synthesis of endohedral metalloazafullerene, synthesizing material molecules containing EMFs as building blocks and exploring the properties of these EMF derivatives. His favorite activity in the lab is obtaining single crystals. When not in the lab, he usually reads novels, watches movies and travels around.
- Yanbang Li, Liangbing Gan. Fullerene-based Macro-Heterocycle. Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 10485. (Invited paper)
- Yanbang Li, Gaihong Zhang, Dian Wang, Beidi Xu, Dan Xu, Ning Lou, Liangbing Gan. Fullerene-Based Macro-Heterocycle Prepared through Selective Incorporation of Three N and Two O Atoms into C60. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 14590. (Hot paper, inside back cover)
- Yanbang Li, Dan Xu, Liangbing Gan. Selective Multiamination of C70 Leading to Curved π Systems with 60, 58, 56 and 50 π Electrons. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 2483.
- Yanbang Li, Ning Lou, Liangbing Gan. N-Fluorobenzenesulfonimide Based Functionalization of C60. Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 524.
- Yanbang Li, Liangbing Gan. Selective Addition of Secondary Amines to C60: Formation of Penta- and Hexaaminofullerenes. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 8912.
- Huan Huang, Lele Zhang, Xuejiao J. Gao, Xihong Guo, Rongli Cui, Binggang Xu, Jinquan Dong, Yanbang Li, Liangbing Gan, Fei Chang, Xingfa Gao, Baoyun Sun. Regioselective Polyamination of Gd@C2v(9)-C82 and Non-High Performance Liquid Chromatography Rapid Separation of Gd@C82(morpholine)7. Chem. Mater. 2018, 30, 64.
- Xiangmin Fei, Joshua Neilson, Yanbang Li, Vanessa Lopez, Simon J. Garrett, Liangbing Gan, Hong-Jun Gao, Li Gao. Nano Lett. 2017, 17, 2887.
- Dan Xu, Yanbang Li, Ning Lou, Liangbing Gan. Synthesis of Homoazafullerene [C59N(CH2)]R and Azahomoazafullerene [C59N(NH)]R. Org. Chem. Front. 2017, 4, 750.
- Ning Lou, Yanbang Li, Liangbing Gan. Synthesis of C70-Based Fluorophores through Sequential Functionalization to Form Isomerically Pure Multiadducts. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 2403.
- Ning Lou, Yanbang Li, Chengxing Cui, Yajun Liu, Liangbing Gan. Preparation of Azafullerene C59NR5 and Fullerene Derivative C60NAr5 with a Pyridine Moiety on the Cage Skeleton. Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 2236. (Highlighted by Synfacts 2016, 12, 689)
- Xi-Sha Zhang, Qi-Lei Zhu, Yun-Fei Zhang, Yan-Bang Li, Zhang-Jie Shi. Controllable Mono-/Dialkenylation of Benzyl Thioethers through Rh-Catalyzed Aryl C-H Activation. Chem. Eur. J. 2013, 19, 11898.
- Yi-Qiao Yan, Yan-Bang Li, Jian-Wu Wang, Cui-Hua Zhao. Effect of the Substitution Pattern on the Intramolecular Charge-Transfer Emissions in Organoboron-Based Biphenyls, Diphenylacetylenes and Stilbenes. Chem. Asian J. 2013, 8, 3164.